Booky bits and pieces that make me smile
In lieu of having something deep and meaningful to say this week, I thought I’d put up photos of some of the fun (mostly) book-related stuff from my shelves.
- Harry Potter bookmark, pre-dating the movie franchise! This was given to me in 2000 (I think from Angela Wingkee – who is now Ange Carr – when we worked together).
- Bookmarks made by the very creative Michelle, as part of my “reading/blogging kit”, which also included tissues, Mentos, a notebook and band-aids for paper cuts. (There was a “fantasy” bookmark as well, but my dog ate it. Seriously.)
- This is a cute set of illustrated Tolkein poems (from The Hobbit and LOTR). I was sent these back in my journo/book reviewing days (for an LOTR anniversary). The pencil is there to show how small they are.
- A wonderfully tactile hand-made notebook, brought back from Buenos Aires by the very thoughtful Miss Heather.
- Funky stone paperweights from Oxfam (which say “urgent”, “not urgent” and “don’t forget” on the back). They could easily double as weapons. Not that Oxfam would approve of that use, of course.
- Beautiful hand-made bookmark from the very talented Bec, complete with antique button and vintage fabric.
- My personal favourite, and most kitsch: a Russian doll set featuring images from the LOTR films on hand-painted wood. Classic. Apologies, but I can’t remember who gave me this…
I just noticed this!
I love our shared love of words and how they weave our worlds and Harry Potter!
Your booky bits are just adorable !
Hey Nomes, make sure you post a link back here if you put your booky things online. 🙂 Glad this one made you smile.
i love this post so much. all of it made me smile. and also ponder what bookish things i have? Hmm…
i love the harry potter book mark ~ so much cooler than the movie franchise ones 🙂
Well, it would take more skill to injure someone, increasing their chances of evasion…
How do you think Oxfam would feel about using the paper weights in a sling-shot?